The Beautiful Bizarre Art Prize is an annual international art prize that celebrates diversity and excellence in the representational visual arts. The prize celebrates all static mediums including Traditional Art media, Digital Art media, and Photographic media, in all styles from realism and hyperrealism, to pop surrealism and lowbrow. The art prize recognises the most skilled, creative and unique contemporary artists within their category, as well as one extraordinary overall winner.
US$50,000 in cash & prizes to be won
2023 Beautiful Bizarre Art Prize
- The Beautiful Bizarre Art Prize is a non-acquisitive international contemporary art prize, welcoming entries in any medium or style of static visual ‘Representational Art’. What is ‘Representational Art’? Read our FAQs for more details.
- This includes: Traditional art (including painting, drawing, sculpture, fibre art, collage, mixed media, art dolls etc.), Digital art, and Photography (digital & analogue).
- All artists, of all ages and all countries, are encouraged to enter.
- The artwork(s) entered can be already sold.
- The artwork(s) entered do not have to be in keeping with the exhibition theme.
- You do not have to create a new work for your entry – but of course you can if you want to.
- AI art of any kind will not be accepted. Whether entirely made by AI, or partly made by AI – this work is not eligible to enter.
- Artwork entered into the Beautiful Bizarre Art Prize can be any work from your existing portfolio [whether it is already sold or not]!
Note: Prize winners will be invited to exhibit a work in the Beautiful Bizarre Magazine exhibition ‘Serendipity’ at Haven Gallery, in New York, United States in November 2023. Winners may exhibit their prize-winning entry if it was created within 12 months of the entry date, and not hung in any other exhibition or prize previously. Work already exhibited or hung in a Prize will not be accepted to the ‘Serendipity’ exhibition. If the prize-winning work is not eligible to be exhibited in the exhibition, or if the artist chooses, they may create a new work for the exhibition when notified of their win.
- An entry may be a partnership between two (or more) artists, with the understanding that any prize awarded is divided equally amongst the partnership.
- Online entries must be submitted by midnight 17 July 2023 [Los Angeles, USA time].
- A limit of ten (10) works per artist can be entered. Multiple entries must each have a separate Entry Form and entry fee.
- If you have entered the Beautiful Bizarre Art Prize in previous years, you are encouraged to enter again – with a new Jury Panel each year and different entrants, your chances of winning vary every year. Entries that at first didn’t make the Finalists list, have then gone on to win awards in past years.
- Artwork that has been a previous finalist or winner of any award in the Beautiful Bizarre Art Prize is not eligible to enter. Previous artwork that was entered but not selected as a finalist is eligible to enter.
- Artists working across mediums are welcome to enter more than one award category.
- Enter the Beautiful Bizarre Art Prize by completing the Entry Form appropriate to the artwork medium (Traditional Art, Digital Art, Sculpture, Photography). If you are an Emerging Artist, you can also enter the Emerging Artist Award. The artwork image submitted for each entry must:
- be a minimum of 1000 pixels wide. This is the work you will be judged on, so please ensure the file is large, clear and represents your work in the best possible light.
- have the image file size not exceeding 3MB
- be saved in .jpg or .png format
- have the file name format: Artist Name_Artwork Title.
- To complete your entry a non-refundable entry fee of US$40 is required. The entry fee is processed by PayPal, but a PayPal account is not required, you can use PayPal as a “guest”. Credit/debit card payments are also accepted through PayPal. The entry fee contributes to the administration, advertising and marketing of the Prize and Winners.
- If PayPal is blocked in your country or you do not have a PayPal account or accepted payment card, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange an alternative payment method.
- People involved with the administration or judging of the Beautiful Bizarre Art Prize are not eligible to enter.
- The artist warrants that the work entered is original, is the property of the artist and does not infringe any third party rights. The artist shall, at any time requested by Beautiful Bizarre Art Prize and Magazine, execute such documents and do such acts as may be reasonably required to perfect the rights granted to them by these Conditions. The artist agrees to indemnify and hold harmless Beautiful Bizarre Art Prize and Modern Eden Gallery and their respective officers, directors, employees, agents, from any liability or damages of any kind, including legal fees or costs, resulting from any claim of infringement or other proprietary right of any person or entity.
- Beautiful Bizarre Magazine is the sole owner of the information collected from the entry forms and any other information submitted. Beautiful Bizarre Magazine will not sell, share or rent this information to any third party, except as above.
- Haven Gallery and its Directors, along with the Jury Panel, receive no financial incentive; they give their time freely in support of the Prize and the artists entering.
- The Beautiful Bizarre Art Prize is administered by Australian based international contemporary art magazine, Beautiful Bizarre Magazine.
- By entering the Beautiful Bizarre Art Prize, you agree to become a subscriber of Beautiful Bizarre Magazine‘s email newsletter.
- Finalists’ works will be selected by the various members of the Jury Panel from the digital image provided, and judged solely on their artistic merit. The selection process will be at the sole discretion of these judges.
- The 140 Finalists [25 per Award category: Digital Art, Photography, Sculpture; 50 for the Traditional Art Award category, 15 for the Emerging Artist Award] will be notified during the week of 14 August 2023 by email, published on the Beautiful Bizarre Art Prize website, and shared on Beautiful Bizarre Magazine social media.
- All artists selected as Finalists authorise Beautiful Bizarre Art Prize and Beautiful Bizarre Magazine to publish their works totally or partly, in all publications (catalogues, posters, slide shows, brochures, adverts etc.) related to this art prize, as well as on the Beautiful Bizarre Art Prize and Beautiful Bizarre Magazine website and social media. All artists and artworks will be credited. All care will be taken to protect the copyrights of the artist.
- The Winner of the 2023 Beautiful Bizarre Art Prize and all category Award Winners [1st, 2nd and 3rd Prize] will be notified by email, published on the Beautiful Bizarre Art Prize website, and shared on Beautiful Bizarre Magazine social media.
- Winners will be invited to exhibit a work in the Beautiful Bizarre Magazine exhibition ‘Serendipity’ at Haven Gallery, in New York, United States in November 2023.
- Winners may exhibit their prize-winning entry if it was created within 12 months of the entry date and not hung in any other exhibition or Prize previously. Work already exhibited or hung in a Prize will not be accepted to the ‘Serendipity’ exhibition. If the prize-winning work is not eligible to be exhibited in the exhibition, or if the artist chooses, they may create a new work for the exhibition.
- Final selection of artworks for the ‘Serendipity’ exhibition is at the discretion of the exhibition curator, Co-Founder and Editor-in-Chief of Beautiful Bizarre Magazine, Danijela Krha Purssey.
- Winners will be required to agree to the terms of the Haven Gallery Consignment Agreement to participate in the ‘Serendipity’ exhibition in November 2023. To request a copy of the Consignment Agreement please email us at email@example.com.
- All work must be available for sale throughout the exhibition. Pricing will be indicated by the artist on the Consignment Agreement and shipped with their work to the gallery. All sales will be conducted by Haven Gallery. Haven Gallery will charge 50% commission on all sales, which will be deducted from the indicated price. The manner of exhibiting artworks shall be at the sole discretion of Beautiful Bizarre Magazine and Haven Gallery.
- Freight costs and all other charges relating to delivery of Winners artworks to Haven Gallery in Northport, New York, USA are the sole responsibility of the artist. Artwork must arrive at the gallery by 20 October 2023 (note: artwork must arrive ready to hang i.e. framed/stretched etc.).
- Artworks will be insured by Haven Gallery while in its custody.
For more information please read our Frequently Asked Questions. Alternatively if you have any questions about the Beautiful Bizarre Art Prize, please don’t hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.